Thursday, October 28, 2010

Men at Work - Engineering Series-1-Line Man (Installed light at the Capitol Intersection)

It was in the morning of October 19, 2010, when I posted one of my short blog about the Capitol Ground, Malaybalay City . (click here to see the previous post)

My intention in posting that short blog was just to take pictures of the nice spots, such as the road signs, some old trees like the Acacia, Mahogany and the Pine Trees, that are very much eye-soothing view of some people., especially like me.

One of the highlights in that short blog, was to give some sincere advise to all motorists in driving along the newly asphalt paved road which is slippery when wet during rain showers and even during heavy downpour. I gave that advise because I personally experience difficulties in driving along that lane especially night time. I have noticed also that in that Y-intersection, there was no halogen lights installed in that electric post. So, I really have to take some pre-cautionary measure in driving said intersection.

Today, while on my way to our office, I've noticed that personnel from the City Engineering Office is about to install the street light. Here are my shots, to document their heroism, in saving the lives of motorists in traversing that intersection lane (at night time).


Their heroism will not be acknowledged if not also with the initiative of the person who have read my previous blog post. And of course, I have to acknowledge also the leadership of our City Engineer's Office-my colleague in profession, and the City Mayor IƱaki Zubiri and his Vice-Mayor Engr. Vic Aldeguer of posting their site in Facebook-or maybe this is just a mere coincidence . Nevertheless, most importantly, my plight were answered. This is a simple gesture of heroic response with great impact to a citizen like me.

I may suggest that, Malaybalay's tag line "USWAG MALAYBALAY", will now be changed to "PADAYON PAG-USWAG MALAYBALAY".


I am now pretty sure, that every time I'll pass by this intersection at night, I will now see the islands in there.


Leadership, can also be associated to Good Governance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...