Saturday, October 2, 2010

A LETTER FOR MY WIFE'S BESTFRIENDS


Published: October 2, 2010, 5:00 p.m.

by: Bonzenti R. Panganiban

Dearest Friend,

I am very much happy that Jeanette (my wife) had seen all her friends again through a social network, the Facebook. I am happy with her to see them especially all her classmates in JRC, in Mandaluyong High School and even in Polytechnic University of the Philippines. I am also happy that one of her childhood friends, Sel, have posted their old pictures in their early age together in Kalentong, Mandaluyong City. So keep up treasuring your friendship.

My wife's best of friends are also my friends, like one of her bestfriends, Ms. Virginia Santos. Ms. Virginia Santos is fondly called by her bestfriends and friends as Ghieghie. Ghieghie got married with a Belgian National. She lived in Belgium together with her family. She has a big and a grateful heart as Jeanette recalled her to me.

For more than 20 years now, Jeanette always thought of about their friendship, even Ghieghie had her family in Belgium. I am proud of my wife, in always remembering all her friends through these years, especially her best friend Ghieghie.

Yesterday, Jeanette was so sad to know that her best friend already joined our Lord , through Emma Santos, Ghieghie's sister. That was because of FACEBOOK, where she found Emma. She cried deeply after she got that unpleasant news from Emma, that Ghieghie had a car accident. Since yesterday, once she remembered Ghieghie, she shed tears.

In the past few weeks, she always talked about the whereabouts of Ghieghie. She even asked me on how was Ghieghie doing in Belgium? (Kumusta na si Gigie ga ano? San na kaya siya?).

One time, just weeks ago, she thrown her old pictures into the garbage can. Their old pictures together with Elena and Ghieghie and her Belgian husband. So I asked her why she is discarding those old pictures? She answered, “I am so thin with that pictures, ga. I don’t like to see that pictures anymore. Ang payat payat ko kasi dyan papa, eh". So I told her, no, Mama, I will just keep that pictures and have them scan, just to preserve the memories of that pictures. Then she further told me, anyway papa, I have already pasted all the old pictures on my scrap book. Pictures of Ghieghie, Len, Loida, Cherry, Sel, Riza and her other friends were already on the scrap book. But I still insisted to preserve all the other old pictures.

That scrap book is one of the proofs on how she treasured all her friends through these years. She still cared with her friends by keeping those pictures even they are all in Luzon. Not only pictures but also all the letters of her friends and even my love letters to her, she still keep them in a safe place.

I remember when she quoted in one of her status in Facebook, which read like this, “Don’t ever forget your old friends when new one get added, because a new broom may sweep and clean, but only the old one knew all the corners”. She wrote this one, almost two (2) weeks before she knew that Ghieghie was already with our Lord some years ago. Two days ago before the unpleasant news, she can't slept that night and she felt so cold. Then yesterday morning, she then learned that unpleasant news about her best friend Ghieghie. Today, when she went to the Gaisano Mall, she heard their theme song, entitled, "What are friends are for". Then she cried again.

This kind of unusual feeling was already happened to Jeanette when one of her best friends, named Cherry had an unlikable incident and had a big problem. Feeling cold and can't sleep.

I am wondering why these things happened to my wife, whenever her friends had an unlikable incident. Maybe because she truly loved and treasured the friendship she had to these friends.

She had so many acquaintances but she had only few best friends. One thing for sure, she treasured that “few” best friends.

I am proud of my wife, Jeanette in treasuring the friendship of her long time best friends. That's how I've known Jeanette for more than 15 years now. And because she loved me so much, she left Mandaluyong City and joined me here in Bukidnon after we got married. She never gave up treasuring her friendship with all her best of friends like Ghieghie, Len, Lyn, Cherry, Loida, Riza, Sel to mention a few.

I am proud of my wife, by treasuring also our Friendship, our Love, our Care for each other. That is why, I reciprocated that by saying that I wanted to grow old with her as she always keep telling me that she also wanted to grow old with me.

Every minute and every seconds in our life is significant and worth treasuring . I have to nurture my loved ones because they are my only gifts from God. I am by nature is a loving person, expressive and sensitive. I sensed all the precious qualities of my wife for being a sensitive person. Before she is silent, but now, she is already expressive and still private.

The more that we are open to each other, the more our Love grow with Faith in God.

Sel, thank you also for adding me in Facebook. That is the kindest thing you did and I sincerely appreciated that.

For Ghieghie, you are truly rest assured with our sincerest PRAYERS. You are always in my wife's heart and thoughts. Rest in Peace together with our CREATOR.

For my wife and my best friend, I am sincerely HAVE BEEN SO PROUD OF YOU ALL THESE YEARS and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and my KIDS.

All the BEST in Life!

Bonzenti R. Panganiban


Note: “Ga”, stands for as “Palangga” in Visayan dialect, means “love”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...